Child and Adolescent Psychology
Olive Prime provides services for children and adolescent mental health needs. We use standardized psychological assessment tools in arriving at a diagnosis and this is carried out by a team of highly skilled professionals. We encourage diversity in our multidisciplinary team which helps in providing treatment and management tailored towards the need of the child. Also we help you to understand how, when, and why disorders emerge among young people and in what ways symptom profiles change at different stages of development. We have professionals who are specifically trained in child and adolescent mental health assessment and management.
As erroneously believed, child and adolescent psychopathology is not the mini form of the study of adult psychopathology, they are the disorders that arise in childhood and they are the origin of risk factor for psychopathology at any age.
Olive prime provide services for children and adolescents living with various forms of disorders that are grouped below:
- Emotional and social disorders: Childhood depression, attachment disorders, separation anxiety, disorder and other specific phobias.
- Developmental disorders: Such as Autistic spectrum disorders ranging from Autism, Asperger, Retts disorder, Childhood Disintegrative disorder.
- Disruptive disorders: Conduct disorder, Oppositional defiant disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Eating disorders: Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia nervosa, speech disorder.
- Elimination disorder: Encopresis(faecal discharge) and enuresis (bedwetting)
- Substance use disorders
- Child abuse and neglect
- Intellectual disability
- Learning disability