The entrepreneurship program is designed for individuals who self-identify as having experienced a mental health or addiction challenge. This course comes as part of the centers effort to ensure that individuals are supported through a smooth transition back to normal daily activities. The program is designed so participants can develop entrepreneurial skills, gain practical tools and confidence, while converting their business idea into a viable customer centric business plan.
The sessions include:
- Self-directed learning:
- Expectations and Outcomes:
- Explore Self Employment as a viable career.
- Learn from experienced business professionals and educators in a supportive environment.
- DevelopDevelop a practical, actionable business plan that you can use to implement your business idea.
- Create a business that can earn income for you on a fulltime or part-time basis.
Creative and interactive sessions based on the “cen” curriculum are taught by alumni and industry experts. Participants work together and discuss business strategies and concepts to develop their business skills.
Participants receive individual and group coaching from mentors both within the country and overseas.
Learning is not limited to the center. At home, participants can access online resources and support and use a customized business plan workbook and develop their business plan.
Participants successfully completing the program would be attached to season business mentors and could present their plan to a panel of small business experts which could be on the last day of the program. Participants receive a certificate upon successful completion of the program.